Monday 7 May 2012

(Blog 5)A simple process of deduction (Part 1)

                                                                       Origin

I have an idea which may proves that some existing conception is wrong. This idea is about the ARP attack in River Valley High School’s Hostel. The conventional and most acceptable explanation to this issue is that a hacker or more from H3 attack others’ computers to break their network down in order get more net resource so that he/she/they can get access to Internet more quickly. Actually I also hold this point till I enter a conference held by RV hostel manager. At that time, I begin to doubt on this issue on whether it is a malicious computer activity or just caused by accident. Then I gather information from both RV students and Internet which proves that I am probably right. This blog is just a deduction which may not absolutely right; what I focus on is the enjoyment when I deduce this problem. For this reason, if you disagree with my opinion or feel it insulting you IQ you can ignore it. Now that I have got the preparations ready, let the blog begin.

Let us review the ARP attack incident which happened about two months ago. Almost all RV Hostel boarders could not get access to the Internet suddenly which persisted for about two weeks. Many students had no ideas on what had happened because they found that they could not get access to webpage but could log in QQ. So some students who were good at computers and network explained that it was made by hacker on QQ and give the reason that I have mentioned. Then there was an announcement at the gate of the elevator which was made by some hot blood SM2 boarders. The main purpose of this announcement was to threaten the visual hacker that they would track his/her Mac and IP but in contrast made this issue even fierce. Meanwhile, some student masters came out some solutions to this problem such as changing the DNS from Singapore to China or other countries (FROM 165.21.100.88 TO 221.6.4.66), using Proxy server or some software. Consequently, this case gradually blew over and almost did not catch my attention anymore. But, the RV hostel held a conference at the canteen. The manager first enumerated problems and finally talked about the Internet issue. To my surprise, he did not condemn the hacker that was common accepted truth. In the contrast, he criticized that the behavior of writing the announcement is vicious and seemed that the writers is abusing others. Besides, he mentioned a detail the cost of employing a computer engineer is very costly but he had to invite one to build a system. Then he complained a lot on Chinese students’ unhealthy Internet conduct such as watching some unhealthy things and use Proxy tool to surf on Internet at study time. These increased my doubt that why he made no mention on malicious hacker and their behavior but talk about employ a engineer to fix their system. I guess that the truth maybe that the disorder of the system made this issue happened. If you have no interest or passion to deduce the result from the clues that I give, let me do it for you.

2 comments:

  1. well, i am very glad that you are enthusiastic about the http contract. hehe

    here i mean that your topic now is about http contract and if you dig deeper, you will become an expert in network.

    in fact, you can make a good living on techniques about network.


    and i hope next time you can put it in a clearer form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you are not the first one to write about this ARP attack and that RV students couldn't get access to Internet service. However all this is terribly complicated to me being not a computer techie. If I tried harder I might understand your logic and deductive reasoning. I hope all is well now and that you can have access to the Internet.

    ReplyDelete