Thursday 19 January 2012

Adapted to the English learning here

                                     Adapted to the English learning here
      For an overseas student, it is important to adapt to not only the lifestyle abroad but also the learning style. Actually, I find it hard to accustom to the way we learn English here, and gradually I attempt to do so.
Obviously, the English classes in intensive course are quite different from those in China, make me feel hard. Firstly, we have to learn English for nearly 6 hours a day, which is a really long period compared to 1 class a day in China. Secondly, our tasks in class are diverse, including oral report, group discussion, presenting the discussion and so on, while in China, we have to do nothing but take notes in class. Thirdly, the assignments are various, writing blogs is also a kind of homework.
However, as we are going to learn English intensively for 6 months in this way, I have to adapt to it. Most importantly, I learn to like the differences rather than resisting them. The materials seemed boring to me at first, but when I read them by heart, I find that there are some useful methods for us. We can learn how to take notes, find out our own learning strategy with the instruction inside. On one hand, I try to engage myself in the lessons actively. It is useful, especially in the group discussion. After the discussions, I gained diverse perspectives of thinking. On the other hand, I make attempt to use English as often as possible. I seldom wrote blogs, needless to say in English. As it has become a part of our course, I train myself by writing daily in English, and I find it interesting to express my feelings and thoughts in this way.
English learning here are quite different, but when applying myself into it, it can also be enjoyable. After all, I am accustomed to it!

6 comments:

  1. I think interest is very important if you want to adapt to learn English here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,but far more than interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be confident! You are sure to adapt it and get good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When first taking English course here,I have the same feeling as you.I don't think there will be too much to talk about.But when I put my heart in it,just like you,I find it diverting and colorful.We do learn a lot from the learning strategy,oral report, group discussion and presentation of the discussion.So I think our cooperation will be more joyful and frenquent in the future,don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all should have confidence to conquer the problem in English by hard work !!!! we can do it !

    ReplyDelete