Thursday 19 January 2012

People Living in Harmony


           Although Singapore is a tiny country made up of people from different backgrounds,nationalities and culture,people here live in harmony and are really friendly to each other.I was always exposed to that atmosphere ,especially when I was in trouble.I want to share you with my personal experiences.
 Losing my nets card
           One day, my friend told me that there was a special offer for books in Eunos. L was very interesting in buying some books in a lower price,so I decided to go with him without hesitation. However, after a long journey,we finally got to the destination ,seeing a long queue twisting along the street from the bookstore.I was almost exhausted that time.I was so impatient that I chose to give up and left . Unfortunately, I found myself have lost my nets card.
Feeling upset and scared
           Losing that card meant losing 36 dollars.(about 36 dollar in that card)What’s more,I couldn’t find the way home.I lost my way in such a distant place! I could do nothing but stand at the bus stop , upset and scared. Luckily, a kind man told me which bus I could take to get to the nearest MRT station without nets card and I caught the bus . I still felt worried because I wasn’t familiar with this place at all and didn’t know which bus stop I should alight .
Warmhearted people
           I was very nerves , so I asked someone near me in random where I should alight in chinese(I was not confident with my English that time).A warmhearted young couple answered me and took me to the MRT station to get the temporary card .Afterwards, they took the MRT with me and asked me something about China .At that time, I felt at ease,not upset or scared any more . 
          One hour later, I got to the Boon Lay MRT station ,but I was in trouble again.I had difficulties sending the temporary card back .Luckily,a Malaysian helped me .I was a little shy and just said “thank you” to him with smile .
            With so many warmhearted people’s help,I went home successfully.
          The real situation is always reflected from such small maters. According to my own experience , I found people here live in a harmonious and peaceful way. I feel a great sense of safety  to study here.

4 comments:

  1. your had a great experience to feel the kindness of people here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,you can feel the kindness of people here from time to time.

      Delete
  2. Yes ,Singapore is a so harmonious society that all races of people can live together peacefully .
    What's more , I think you are great to attach a very matching picture !

    ReplyDelete