Sunday 15 January 2012

English study in Singapore

    We have been in Singapore for about 1 month ,the most thing we do is studying English.Most of us use much time to memorise the words and reading the news to enhance our English skills.Well,my English studying skills is different from others in some way.I usually studying English with dotaer by dotaing.Well,maybe it's a little bit confusing.Yeah,Dota is a worldwide game that have 10 players  in each competition.Ten players is divided into 2 groups.To win the game the members in each group  must cooperate mutual.I always play this game in America server by Garena game platform.English is a collective communicating  way in American as our Chinese using Chinese language.So in this English speaking  context.I can learn numerous words by playing the game.But,it's embarrassing to say that I can't catch up with their speed of typing words.Also I can't get their meaning when they use too much abbreviation.But I still can learn s lot by playing the game.I also study English by playing original American games,well it hasn't been translated,so I can listen and read from the roles' speaking in plots   and the description in the game.Well it's really hard to comprehend the English in the games ,but it can really help me in English studying,and it's also fun. I have played 2 games Rome-totalwar and Prototype here.English study in Singapre is really fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, by all means learn English the way that suits you best. Playing language game or any game for that matter is fun; and if the game leads to better English, it is a bonus. I'm glad that you find learning English in Singapore fun. Keep up the effort and participate actively in class to improve your English further.

    ReplyDelete