Saturday 18 February 2012

Are you brave enough?(BLOG2)


                                                                Are you brave enough?

 Nowadays, I get to know something about USP (University scholars’ programme), which aims to help student develop a creative thinking, an innovative mind as well as an enterprise spirit. Anyone taking part into this programe can gain a comprehensive education including science, engineering, arts, law and social science. What’s more, all students in this programme can live in Utown halls for four years without any additional condition. Utown is a newly established area located in the Kent Ridge campus, which follows the example of American Liberal Arts College , integrating teaching places into living places. However, for those who do not participate into this programme, they should have enough CCA credits(which reflects whether you are active in hall activities)to ensure that they can remain in the hall after Year 1. Therefore, this programme may be more suitable for you if you want to put your full heart into study and do not want to distract yourself on finding suitable living places everywhere when you lose the qualification of living in the hall.

What should be emphasized is that there will be many reading and essay for you from economics, science, law to ethics if you take part in USP, hence, your study stress may be very heavy, especially for our Chinese students, who got Chinese education domestically and are not used to English essay writing or intensive English reading.

Are you interested in this programme? It takes our courage and braveness to make this choice and it lies in the problem whether we are brave enough to make this decision rather than whether we are able to manage it. Also ,we should consider whether we are suitable to this programme and whether we have the ability to deal with stressful life. It is we that make a better decision, so are you brave enough to apply for it?


9 comments:

  1. So have you decide to take part in this programme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more specific information and I have not decided yet.However ,I have consulted some of my seniors, they said that it differed from person to person,and if you were the kind of people who is good at essay writing or want to challenge yourself on it, then USP is a good choice

      Delete
  2. What about you?This is my first time to know this program

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have known this program for a long time. And I am extremely interested in social science. Hence, the first time I knew this program I decided to join.But I don't know whether I can manage it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are the one who is willing to face challenge, then just go for it ! We will be always for you!!

      Delete
  4. I am a coward, mommy help me.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard of this program from a classmate the other day. I was interested in it too. However, as far as I'm concerned, interests don't mean career. Having contemplated the heavy work I would take in future and my career as well, finally I gave up my ambition. Maybe the best way to develop interests is to choose optional classes in university. Anyway, we ought not to risk our future to pay too much attention on interests.

    ReplyDelete