Tuesday 14 February 2012

Reading Strategies (blog:3)


       Today, we learned three strategies for reading fast. They are preview, skim and cluster. When I started to learn English, I always read an article word by word. And this method doesn't work anymore because I am going to step into the university. By then, I have to handle a demanding academic reading load, so it is important to build up my reading rate.


        In fact, I have been using these three reading techniques since I was in middle school. They do improve my reading ability. And among the three strategies, I prefer preview to skim and cluster. Not only does it cost a little time, but build the structure of the whole passage in my mind, so I can have a good understanding of the article.


        Different people have a different preference. So you just need to choose the one that is most suitable for you.

2 comments:

  1. You are so clever!This is my first time toknow English reading strategies, I always read English word by word , which is really slow.Change the way so that I can finish the three books I borrowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually everyone applies reading strategies to some extent,which you even you did not realize it.In my opinion,no matter whether we have used these tips in China or not,we are supposed to apply these tips to everyday reading.This is significant because reading more is the best way to improve the language skills.And these tips are the vary method we need to read more efficiently!

    ReplyDelete