Tuesday 14 February 2012

Reading Journal

        I think I was successful after using the three tips. Because I read the three passages faster and faster than before and could understand the main idea and the details more thoroughly. I always read the article word by word , which turns out to be very slow and I had to look up every unknown vocabulary. But the technique told me to preview the passage first and it was really effective. Because by the previewing, I knew what the author was talking about and I could guess some of the details. After the skimming, I would have questions about how things came up and how will people solve. Because I knew the maiNidea of the passage, I knew where I should concentrate on in the nextr stage--clustle. What is more, I could guess some words ' meaning because I knew the story and I could imagine what kind of emotion the writer would have so that I would knew what meanings of words the author would use. So, in my opinion, ythe second tip is the best for me.

1 comment:

  1. Although word cluster is useful,I always get into a loss when I do not know the key words,just as in the reading comprehension!

    ReplyDelete