Monday 27 February 2012

Wish Everyone Survive in the Sudden Rain( Blog 3)


February 27th is an impressive day for boys, for we were late for class due to the rain which is extremely heavy. It was not the first time that we saw it raining cats and dog, and the weather in Singapore really shocked me a lot. The weather in Singapore is quite different from it in China, especially in hometown, Harbin. Because Singapore is typical tropical country which is surrounded by sea, the rains though often takes not a long time are extremely heavy. Through my experience, I want to share my opinions about the weather.


First, the thunder during the rain is extremely loud. As far as I am concerned, there are two big things about the rain in Singapore. The first is the big rainfall which is 2345mm in each year on average. The second is the bid volume of thunder that every time I saw lightning in the sky during the rain, I would held my ears until the end of sound which sounded like a big explosion. To make matters worse, the loud thunders do not stop showing up during the rain which drives me mad.
Secondly, the rain often comes quickly and ends quickly. Sometimes the weather seams sunny, but after a while, the clouds gather quickly and the air becomes humid, then it starts to rain heavily. The speed is so fast that you can prepare for it. Take me as an example; one day I planned to go to JP for purchase, as the sun shined strongly, I went out without an umbrella. You can imagine what sad thing happened on the half that I was caught in the suddenly heavy rain. After that time, I always remind myself to bring an umbrella when going out.
Finally, I find the rainwater dries very quickly. After a heavy rain, there was water everywhere, but about one hour later the ground will be almost dried which looks like it doesn’t rain. I also found it today.
OK, that’s my opinions about the rain in Singapore. Wish everyone survive in a sudden rain.       
     

2 comments:

  1. I have the same feeling. However, if you take an umbrella with you, everything will be OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are obsolutely right!Once I was on my way to JP and I carried my umbrella then it start to pour with rain. I got totally wet holding an umbrella which seemed useless in Singapore's heavy rain!!! However, I still like the rain here because it bring the real experience of summer. Summer always has heavy but lasting short rain and I enjoy summer time! Maybe we should just hide during thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete