Wednesday 8 February 2012

Journal (the three reading strategies)(blog2)


After the class about three reading strategies, I found myself still have a long way to go in terms of reading. I must confess that I am not good at reading. Anyway, I learnt some skills of improving my reading speed.
Speaking of preview, it is the skill I have often used before. This skill does make it easy when I need to grasp the gist of one article fast. However, it does not work very well if I need to know the information at length, so the other two strategies (skimming and cluster) are essential as well.
But when I need or is asked to use the other two skills, I encounter a lot of problems and difficulties. I can’t use them naturally and effectively. Obviously, I need to practice reading a lot with the two strategies.
To conclude, the most meaningful thing I learnt is the awareness that I am not good at reading and need to make my reading faster, rather than those skills.

2 comments:

  1. Of course,with your patient and long term hard work,you are sure to success.

    ReplyDelete