Thursday 9 February 2012

2.Reading journal

  After we did some reading exercises to practice some useful reading skill, I find it seems useless for me to use that skill in my reading task.Our reading skills can be divided into three parts. First one is "preview". Second one is "skim". And third one is "cluster".Although the introduce told us that by using these three skills, we can build up our reading speed,I find it is not as effective as the the introduce said.While I read the essay given by the SM material,I followed the skills told by the introduce.But the speed is not built up,or not obviously changed.And the understanding of the essay still can not fit my goal.So in my sight,the reading skills do not help any more.Maybe it is due to the unfamiliar with using the skills.Or it is due to the skills are not rather fit for me.I think that I have already had a reading skill which is used by me in daily reading.And I am so familiar with it.It is no need for me to learn a new reading skill.What your opinion?Do the three skills help you a lot?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they help a lot for someone.But if you have formed your own style of reading,it is hard to accept the other ways of reading quickly.

      Delete
  2. Actually, I can not read fas, so I need to adapt to the methods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reading strategy is not unique. The three-step technique is logical and commonsensical. You need to know the big picture or the gist of the content in the passage before you even want to attempt to find out the meaning of each individual word or how some words are pronounced. We can't just plunge into reading without first glancing at the title and skimming through other illustrations.Everyone should follow this technique. Perhaps you may want to share with us what is your technique.

    ReplyDelete