Sunday 26 February 2012

What a meaningful weekend (Blog 3)


How time flies, it has been the tenth week since we come to Singapore.

This weekend, I took part in ‘Discover in Engineering’ organized by Faculty of Engineering. This activity aimed to offer a deep insight into engineering to our SM3 students as well as SM2 students. We were all impressed by the great role engineering had played in our lives and its various applications in many aspects from medicine to transport. The professor making the introduce of engineering was very humorous and told us that engineering student would be trained to be those who were capable of managing everything and could work well in any fields since engineering enabled students to develop an analytical and hands-on skill. Many students communicated with their seniors and faculties from Faculty of Engineering and expressed their concerns over engineering and benefited a lot through this learning journey.

A senior from Chemical Engineering made an address and briefly introduced her major. The senior was excellent and she had got a master offer from MIT. She told us what Chemical           Engineering was really about and    encouraged us to be brave enough to embrace challenge. We juniors all admired her for her outstanding achievement and fluent oral English. However, I believed she should have put a lot of hard work in her study.

Since I have more interest in Statistics, I do not want to choose engineering major, but from this learning journey, I got much inspiration and more determination to study hard in the following four years. I believe everyone has the potential to be the best one and everyone should have a rich university life.

           



 .

4 comments:

  1. I think the most important is to choose our own interest and then we can enjoy our university life~^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to what I know, it's not your interest that makes up your mind to choose ST. I Really sorry about that. Sincerely you had better know what is your inner voice. Do not choose a course because it's easy. That's Fairly Irrational. But it is understandable, because many of students , though 18+years old, still know nothing clear about what is suitable for them and what they want indeed. Thus they just follow, even they do even think so. But Because they are restricted by what they heard and saw, their decisions of course are constrained among those idea. I REALLY sorry about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always said that students should choose the major according to their interest.However,there are still a great number of students who make the choice due to other complicated factors.As for me,actually I prefer research work in labs.Taking this into consideration,science faulty is suitable for me.Nevertheless, when I think about finding a job,science may not have as many advantages as engine.I have to admit this problem troubles me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about the major problem for a long time. Firstly, I get a conclusion --- the major should be based on what kind of life we want to live in the future. What really matters is what we want from our life. Some people prefer to work in offices while some choose to do researches. So many people lead different lifestyles in this diverse world. Which one is the exact one I want? It is very hard to figure out and there will be many changes and other opportunities. Who knows? So finally I decide to choose the major I am intersted in. And hope you can choose a major which meet your satisfactory!

    ReplyDelete