Wednesday 22 February 2012

My Immortal (Blog2)


My Immortal

   Before you really know what I am saying, please do not be confused by title. I do not mean that I am talking about love or something which is very abstract and boring. I just share with you one of my favorite song. Of course, its name is “My Immortal”.

   “My Immortal” is a plain song accompanied with a leisurely piano rhythm.  The song describes a dispirited story about the band’s guitar player Ben Moody. Whole music’s pace is very slowly, so the singer’s voice can gradually express the desperate of Ben and then move the audience. Nonetheless, the MV of “My Immortal” is excellent too. The cost of photograph this MV is not too much, but I think it is the most touching MV I have ever saw and listened. The MV is black and white but colorful. A story in countryside is narrated in the MV. The scene is very simple. For instance, a fountain, many children played happily before the church, the heroine and hero wandered alone in the rainy day, the damp air after the rain, the heroine lain on the roof with the blurred background alone, a cozy house but no one lived in. All these scenes are so simple but gloomy and perfect. Besides, the voice is most impressive.

So I just share the lyrics with you.

I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

'Cause your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

I held your hand through all of these years

But you still have

All of me



You used to captivate me

By your resonating light

Now I'm bound by the life you left behind

Your face it haunts

My once pleasant dreams

Your voice it chased away

All the sanity in me





These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

I held your hand through all of these years

But you still have

All of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone

But though you're still with me

I've been alone all along


When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears

I held your hand through all of these years

But you still have

All of me……..
And the song's MV,if you are interested in it.


    In fact, Amy won the “best new singer” and “best hard rock” Grammy Prize in 2004 by this song.But I have to say that the reality is always cruel to everyone. Ben Moody left the band and his girlfriend Amy Lee. Then he created a band called “We are the fallen” and covered Amy’s song. Amy did not create any new work after that frustration. But after seven years silence, Amy begin to release her new music in 2011 and I have listened them. They are really good work but not better than before. I wish Amy can find her true “Immortal” and give us better music work.
   Obvously, the last photo has been PS..... lol

4 comments:

  1. The lyrics of My Immortal are very thoughtful and sentimental. Nowadays contemporary songs have very profound lyrics compared to those older songs which tend to be about love and nothing else.Anyway, I'm glad you are listening to English songs. Singing songs at karaoke pubs may be one way to improve your English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I do not know where the karaoke pubs is in Singapore, and whether it costs too much. In fact, Evanescence is my favorite band in three years ago.It's songs are marvelous but the lyrics is not so difficult.

      Delete
  2. I have not listened this song. Even this KIND of songs. After reading your blog, I get a little curious about it. But I am lazy to search and download...So can you share me some?
    By the way, turning over pages and finally find your blog and look through really requires my effort...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come and I will share it with you

    ReplyDelete