Monday 13 February 2012

Blog 2 Apply the reading techniques


Not only the exciting stories but also the improvement of reading skills makes reading lessons attractive. Last Tuesday, we did a lot of reading about tales of the sea. More importantly, we learned about the three reading strategy, namely preview, skim and cluster, which help to build reading speed.
During the reading lesson, I was surprised to find that I can read more words when I applied the techniques. At first, I thought it was because I have read part one before lessons. However, when my speed increased in the following parts, I was quite amazed.
According to my experience, skimming is the most efficient way to comprehend the main events while clustering may be most useful to understand most sentences. As for previewing, it provides me with an outline of a story, but I may not be accurate all the time.


As an elementary English learner, it is fairly miserable for me to work out all the new words in a passage, especially when they appear more than twice in a line. After the reading lesson, I am convinced that it will make a difference to my reading skills. What is more, I still regard vocabulary as the most significant. Anyway, it is better to know more words in a passage!

2 comments:

  1. Happy to get the first sofa!!:D The way of reading we learnt last Tuseday is really useful ah !We will surely get development after our hard work.So ,Go Go Fighting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,it's useful but I still feel frustrated for most of the novel reading...

      Delete