Wednesday 29 February 2012

Blog 4 (1) Missed the bus

“The weather is fine”. The sun appeared after hiding behind the cloud for the whole day, and it shone upon the ground where everything was full of vim and vigor. The alarm woke me up from a good sleep. Seeing the cloudless blue skies, I felt relaxed and anticipated it would be a fascinating day. However, life is just as it is. It sometimes goes beyond your expectations but sometimes not. Today is the last day but one of February, and this special day turned out to be not a bit awkward and memorable.

After getting up, I just did as usual. Though it was not a proper time for students to get up –7:40, I was still confident enough to catch the school bus because I always managed to get through all the chores and be one of the last persons to get on the bus.

It was eight o’clock, a bit late. But thanks to the poor elevator and time-wasting fingerprint detector in our hostel, I even did not have to worry. Leisurely I put textbooks in my bag and wore socks and shoes, preparing to go downstairs to catch bus. It was when I went out of my dormitory that premonition flew in my mind. The elevator stagnated rather than went up and down. And there happened to be no noise of doors’ shutting in the whole building. Finally I began to feel nervous and uncertain whether I could be punctual for the bus, so I speeded up even to fly. It was too late. When I was in it, the bus often waited others until 8:05 or later. The exception occurred when I was that late person. Two past eight, I trudged through my way to the gate, hardly to catch my breath, only to find another bus that was for SM2 students.

“It doesn’t matter at all!” I said to myself, since so many missing belongings had already molded me having an attitude that worried a little for misfortunes. So I proceeded with my way to NUS and regarded this experience as a great opportunity to observe the views in a normal working day in Singapore.

The speaker in the MRT liked to inform passengers of something interesting. I eventually discerned how important and bustling Jurong East was. “Doors on both sides will open at next station.” The train pulled in Jurong East interchange and opened an extra mouth to swallow busy people. With no more than a minute, the nearly empty train was crowded with people of various colors.

So what is next?  To be continuing...

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused. Did you miss the bus? Or did you catch the SM2 bus? How did you end up in the MRT? You obviously enjoyed your journey to NUS notwithstanding that you were already very late. How did you manage to stay so calm?

    ReplyDelete