Tuesday 27 March 2012

Blog 6 I love the erhu


 BLOG   6

I love the erhu!


When I was 10 years old, I started to learn the erhu, a traditional instrument originated in China. It is famous for its smooth sound and it has a perfect effect of expressing the performer inner mood. Because of the stress of study in senior middle school, I didn’t have enough time to learn and practice the erhu. As a result, I had an unbelievable decline of my proficiency of performance, and my fingers got a little bit stiff when I played it. After I finished the College Entrance Examination, I decided to pick up my erhu and continued to learn it. I was surprised by the great retrogress I have made but I got better after two weeks of hard practice.

 Originally, I intended to take my erhu to Singapore when I prepare the luggage for my overseas study life. However, because I worried that I would not have enough time to play it and I didn’t want to take too much luggage, I didn’t take it here. After coming here, I have noticed that there are so many people interested in Chinese Orchestra and good at playing Chinese instrument such as erhu, pipa, which is a great surprise for me. Hence, I decided to learn the erhu here. What’s more, I have also found some courses about erhu held by local community center, which offer me a good chance to learn erhu in Singapore. The good environment of practicing the erhu spurs me to make a decision to play the erhu in Singapore.

 I have told my parents this decision and my parents will send me my erhu through EMS although the shipping fee is very high. I am very delightful when my parents also give me great support and encourage me to practice it a lot since it can enrich my school life, develop me into a person with multiple skills and even give me a relaxation when I feel tired.

 I love the erhu!

6 comments:

  1. Is it "play erhu" or "play the erhu"? This is a very serious mistake!

    Learing a musical instrument takes pains and perserverance. Though I love playing violin, I don't play it very often. The reason is I am lazy. The similar thing may happen to you.
    When I practice musical scales, it took no more than one hour before I gave up. It is too boring! However, it is the shortcut to develop good skills in playing violin!

    I hope your zest for erhu is not temporary and the more important thing is to take your erhu and show us one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another traditional Chinese musician has appeared in SM3 Batch 20 G7! I always admire those who can play the musical intruments well, and really appreciate the beauty of music. I love music, although I am unable to play. So, I hope you will make great success in the near future, and don't forget to give us a fantastic show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog recalled my childhood when I learned something about violin. The same with you, I quited halfway. So the result is that now I can not manage to finish even one piece in violin. Your actiong of picking your erhu skill up is sure to encourage many people to return to their interests. Waiting the day you can play us a piece of fantastic music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you as you are encourages to pick up a skill of instrument at this age. It will be a little bit difficult at the very beginning. I also learnt one instrument in my childhood. But after all the courses I did not practice it a lot, so now when I want to perform , I feel that I seem to forget almost all the skill I have learnt!
    No pains, no gains. Wish you can over come the obstacle of the beginning. And If possible, I wish to join in the chinese orchestra together with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your interest in erhu and Chinese traditional instrument. Compared to western instrument, the tune of Chinese instruments is more smooth and mild that it can provoke audience to imagine. As for me, I used to learn guitar in my junior school, but unfortunately I did not keep on learning it. Otherwise, maybe I can master it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest,since I did not insist on learning an instrument ,I am jealous for people who can play one. Therefore,please stick to it and keep it as a life-long hobby.I hope I can learn to play the piano or another instrument before I am too old.

    ReplyDelete