Sunday 22 April 2012

7. I want to eat Shanxi noodles

After came to Singapore, four months have passed away. And recently, I became to miss my favorite food, nothern Chinese noodles.
Nothern Chinese noodles have a long history. According to archaeology discovery, noodles originated from China and have a more than 4000 years history. Noodles are made of flour. Besides, there are some other things needed by making noodles. For example, garlics, vinegar, and so on. In Shanxi there is a very famous noodle called "Daoxiao" noodle which is very delicious. Besides, "Men" noodle, "Qishansaozi" noodle, "Youpo"noodle are also my favorite noodles.
Though there are some noodles in Singapore, most of them are of great differences with Shanxi noodles. The features of Singapore noodles are not focus on the materials which are used to make noodles. It seems that Singapore noodles only focus on the seasonings.
Besides, I also want to mention that there is a noodle shop in Clementi. That noodle shop is a Shannxi noodle shop. It provides many delicious noodles and some other snacks in Shannxi. I like the "Liangpi" and "Qishansaozi" there. But I must say that the "Qishansaozi" is not perfectly producted. There are some flaw with the noodles.
I like the noodles in Shanxi.

2 comments:

  1. Haha,I like your topic because I always like delicious food. ^_^What is more, you have introduced some kinds of noodle that I have never heard. What is more, besides the Clementi, I think the noodles in the canteen that near the King Edward 7 is very good. I have tried once, it is very similiar ot the noodles in China

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delicious topic - food. I don't think you can get Shanxi noodles in Singapore. It is true that the noodles here are tastless if not for the seasoning. The Chinese have all sorts of noodles and those in the north and west have perfected the art of making and preparing excellent noodles dishes.

    ReplyDelete