Friday 27 April 2012

blog 8


I noticed the situation when I had a class in lecture theatre. After that, I find it is common in public.

According to a poll conducted by WWF for Earth Hour 2011,nearly half of residents in Singapore find air-conditioning in public areas to be too cold.

"The aim of the poll was to determine how comfortable people currently are with air-conditioning temperatures in the country."

I think the poll has better work on finding how uncomfortable people currently are with the air-conditioning in Singapore. The number of respondents is 450. 40% of them claim that schools and offices are too cold and half of them think the environment of schools and offices are like the autumn of Seoul. One forth of them prefer use the winter of Siberia. For me, the North Pole is better. 69% of people who feel cold wear a coat. One forth of them warm them by walking outdoors or going to the toilets.

I think too low temperature does not make sense. Low temperature does not make people comfortable and it also does not save source.


The poll is done when the Earth Hour is going.
Earth Hour is a global initiative where individuals, businesses, governments and communities are encouraged to turn out their lights for one hour.

5 comments:

  1. yeah, i think so. Today, when having class in LT33, i felt a little cold so I cannot concentrate on the lecture. Actually, I think it is not only a waste of electricity, but also a barrier for students' listening to lecturers. I think Singapore government should take measures to change this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same feeling that the aid condition temperature is too low.........However, it is said the low-temperature environment can help people keeping awake. This is true in a sense. But the temperature is too unbearable, especially when we are in exam. That's really terrible.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly speaking, I hope the air conditioner in our classroom should be adjusted to ventilate the air better, and CHILL the air!
    The air in lecture theaters is just OK and I am comfortable being in them.
    In Singapore we cannot experience winter. So why not try to feel a sense of cold indoors?
    Anyway, the main reason I enjoy cold air is that it can calm down me and I have a preference for cold rather than hot. Sometimes I also feel chilly but I do enjoy that kind of feeling.
    Comfortable as I am, I still worry that it may consume excess energy. If it is moderate and does little harm to the environment, I never mind and prefer the cold air in any place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The number of respondents is 450. 40% of them claim that schools and offices are too cold and half of them think the environment of schools and offices are like the autumn of Seoul. I think you put the decimal notation at the wrong position. To be honest, I was freezed to death when I am in lecture hall. It was miserable for me though I miss the winter in my hometown. Actually, I miss the snow but not the cold feeling.So do you, do not you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is said that people can keep a calm mind in lower temperature.And this is way the offices and school lecture halls are freezing!It is true that the air conditioning is a relief for tropic countries.However,if the temperature is too low,it only results in more cold and fever!

    ReplyDelete