Sunday 22 April 2012

blog 7 Massacre of Dogs



These days, some people claims there remains dogs massacre in Harbin. In contrast, many people on the Internet express attitude against it. Because dogs massacre is merely individual situation in Harbin and some imagines is not true as there is coco in it, it is ridiculous. However, the situation in Harbin is not the point but people’s view.The reason why I pay attention to massacre of dogs is I watch a video of a debate. Its name is International Varsity Debate Varsity which is hosted in Beijing and Singapore in turns every tow year. The debate is between Wuhan University and NUS. The topic is whether people should cull stray dogs in the cities. My own opinion is that culling the stray dogs is difficult to be managed well.  Indiscriminate killing is cruel.Now the topic is not the one in debate several years ago. Lawless elements steal dogs in batches. The behaviours done by volunteers are not enough. People always abandon their dogs in the streets. As a result, more stray dogs appear. People need not to do much protect on dogs. If no one abandons dogs and look after them well, there will be no problems.

2 comments:

  1. I like dogs so much. I wanted to have a dog as my pet in my childhood. But my mother disallow it. I really can not image that there are some people who like to kill dogs. Trate dogs well and dogs will get alone well with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ,it is very cruel, to some extent, it is inhuman for those who kill the dogs. They rely on their weapons to do whatever they want to do to the dogs. I think China should set up laws to protect the pets. Many people who hold a pet are just chasing the fashion. After some time, they get rid of the pet and throw them away .It causes a lot of trouble to our society. What is more, animals also have their feeling.Therefore, those cruel people should review their action and get some punishment.

    ReplyDelete